Friday, June 14, 2013

Doris - Did You Give The World Some Love Today Baby


Year : 1970
Label : Odeon/EMI
Genre : Jazz
Style : Pop, Jazz Funk/Soul Jazz

Mr. Bongo's Holy Grail reissue of rare Swedish jazz groove included in the influences of Björk. The swedish songtress Doris Svensson, recorded her second album (her first in English) in collaboration with swedish arranger & organist Berndt Egerbladh at EMI studios in Stockholm. It includes the classics Don't, Beatmaker, the Jazz Rock tune You Never Come Closer and I Wish I knew based on Nina Simone' I Wish I Knew How It Would Feel to Be Free. All tracks are arranged & conducted by Berndt Egerbladh.

Doris_vocal
Berndt Egerbladh_organ
Lukas Lindholm_bass
Bengt Karlsson_guitar
Jan Karlsson_drums

01. Did You Give The World Some Love Today, Baby
02. I Wish I Knew
03. Grey Rain Of Sweden
04. Waiting At The Station 
05. Don't
06. Daisies
07. You Never Come Closer   
08. Whispering Pine   
09. I'm Pushing You Out   
10. Won't You Take Me To The Theatre   
11. Beatmaker  
12. Bath 


Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...