Friday, September 9, 2011

O'Donel Levy - Black Velvet


Year : 1972
Label : Groove Merchant
Genre : Jazz
Style : Soul Jazz

First album from talented guitarist who plays several styles from Easy Listening, Smooth Jazz to Soul and Jazz Funk featuring saxophonist Arthur 'Fats' Theus. Titles include Rhythm & Blues cover songs (Didn't I Blow Your Mind This Time, I'll Be There, You've Made Me So Very Happy), Jazz standards (I'll Close My Eyes, Misty) and two own compositions (Granny & Nature's Child). Produced by Sonny Lester.

O'Donel Levy_guitar
Alarza Lee Collins_bass
Chester Thompson_drums
Charles Covington_electric piano, organ
Arthur 'Fats' Theus_saxophone, flute
Billy Skinner_trumpet
William Thorpe_percussion
Nathaniel Rice Jr._congas

01. Watch What Happens
02. Granny
03. I'll Close My Eyes
04. Nature's Child
05. Love Story
06. Didn't I (Blow Your Mind This Time)
07. I'll Be There
08. Misty
09. Call Me
10. You've Made Me So Very Happy
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...