Monday, December 15, 2008

Archie Bell & The Drells - I Can't Stop Dancing


Year : 1968
Label : Atlantic
Genre : Soul
Style : Funk/Soul

Recorded in the wake of their previous act "Tighten Up", the second album of Archie Bell and his fabulous Drells keeps the same recipe, namely a alternating beautiful soulful songs with powerful Rhythm & Blues tracks produced by the legendary premiere producers/songwriters duo of Soul : Kenneth Gamble & Leon Huff (worked for Dusty Springfield, The O'Jays or Harold Melvin). Titles include a condensed of great cover songs from Curtis Mayfield (Monkey Time, I've Been Trying, Sometimes I Wonder), Otis Redding, the two songs written by Gamble & Huff specially for the band, and four originals written by Archie Bell.

01. I Can't Stop Dancing
02. (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
03. Do The Choo Choo
04. You're Such A Beautiful Child
05. Monkey Time
06. Do You Feel It
07. I've Been Trying
08. Jammin' In Houston
09. Love Will Rain On You
10. Sometimes I Wonder
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...