Monday, November 25, 2013

The Funky Organ-ization Of Henry Cain


Year : 1968
Label : Capitol
Genre : Jazz, Soul
Style : Soul Jazz, Funk/Soul, Rhythm & Blues, Pop

The Funky Organ-ization of Henry Cain, as the title suggests, is a funky set of eleven Soul Jazz instrumentals recorded in 1967. A cover album performed by the obscure organist Henry Cain, from Pop, Jazz, Soul and Rhythm & Blues. Most of the tracks are arranged by Oliver Nelson and recorded with the unmistakable groovy sound of the Hammond B3. The side A begins with The Way I Feel of John Patton and includes the unforgetable classics Respect & Sunnyrespectively written by Otis Redding and Bobby Hebb, but also two reprises released by Cannonball Adderlay in live album Why Am I Treated So Bad! (1967) : Why? (Am I Treated So Bad (Pops Stapples) and I'm On My Way (Nat Adderlay Jr.). The side B contains Oliver Nelson' Critic's Choice and Horror Scope, the unique track composed by Cain for this Album. Arranged by H. B. Barnum & Oliver Nelson.

Henry Cain_organ  
James Bond_bass 
Earl Palmer_drums
Arthur Wright & Howard Roberts_guitar
H. B. Barnum, John Kelson & Plas Johnson_saxophone
Fred Hill & Tony Terran_trumpet
Gary Coleman & Jerry Williams_vibes & percussions

01. The Way I Feel 
02. Respect   
03. Sunny    
04. Why? (Am I Treated So Bad) 
05. Lonely Avenue   
06. Dead End Street  
07. Shake A Lady   
08. Precious Memories   
09. Critic's Choice    
10. I'm On My Way   
11. Horror Scope 

LISTEN SAMPLE
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...