Monday, October 8, 2012

Jean Musy, His Organ And His Orchestra - Tribute To Ray Charles


Year : 1969
Label : Concert Hall
Genre : Jazz
Style : Soul Jazz

Rare french jazz LP recorded under Concert Hall label by pianist, arranger & composer, Jean Musy featuring the renowned Hammond B3 organ, brass band & string orchestra. Jean Musy was best known for the arrangements and orchestrations of the famous song "Champs Elysées" recorded in 1969 by Joe Dassin. He composed for many french "variété" artists such as, of course, the singer Joe Dassin or violonist Catherine Lara, evolved in the band of Nino Ferrer during the sixties, and collaborated to over 200 movies soundtracks.  Titles include some of  most popular Ray Charles tunes that contributed to his success (I've Got A Woman, Unchain My Heart, Georgia...), all played and arranged in the pure Soul Jazz style by Jean Musy himself.

01. Hallelujah, I Love Her So
02. I've Got A Woman
03. Old Man River
04. Hit The Road Jack
05. Georgia On My Mind
06. My Bonnie
07. Unchain My Heart
08. What'd I Say
09. Crying Time
10. Sticks And Stones
11. I Can't Stop Loving You
12.You Are My Sunshine

LISTEN SAMPLE
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...